News on 19.2.21: Some SmartumPay users have recently had difficulties with the login, especially when using online bank IDs or a mobile certificate. We have resolved most of these login issues, but there are still some issues with users who have Danske Bank IDs. Problems with Danske Bank's IDs have often been resolved when the browser is switched to Mozilla Firefox.
If you have any login problems, please first check that you have the latest version of SmartumPay (version 1.14.3). You can check the version of SmartumPay by pressing the user icon.
Note! If you are unable to log in for the first time, we recommend that you try logging in again.
We are working hard to get the issue fixed as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
You can log in to SmartumPay application with either your own Smartum IDs, online banking IDs or a Mobile Certificate. If you are a SmartumPlus customer, you can only log in to the application with online bank IDs or a Mobile Certificate.
Some phone models and software (especially Android) and online bank IDs from some banks can sometimes cause issues during login.
For example, you may see a “Something went wrong” -message or the application may indicate that your browser is having problems with the cookies. On certain Samsung phone models, the application may “crash” during the authentication phase. We're constantly researching how we can fix issues with updates, but these instructions can also help to resolve issues. In the event of a failure, you should always first check that you have the latest version of the application.
Tips for different situations:
Error message “Ups! Something went wrong”
You can try the following steps. Each of them may in itself help:
- Restart the device.
- Update the device software.
- Check that you have updated SmartumPay application and the web browser.
- Set Google Chrome as your default browser and disable your device's default browser
- Install Google Chrome from your app store. To set Chrome as the default browser on your Android phone, go to Settings --> Applications --> click Chrome --> Set as Default.
- To disable the default browser on Android phones, go to Settings --> Applications --> Choose Default Browser --> Disable (some phone models use the device's own browser disable).
- Also clear your cache and check your browser's cookie settings --> cookies must be turned on.
- Set Opera mini as the default browser and disable the device's default browser.
- Install Opera mini from your app store. To make Opera mini the default browser on your Android phone, go to Settings --> Applications --> click Opera mini --> set as default (the browser must be disabled).
- Also clear the cache and check your browser's cookie settings --> cookies must be enabled.
- Check that the phone time is not set manually. Sometimes the problem is cleared by automatic time setting.
- If possible, test whether the login works with another bank's online banking credentials.
- Try signing in with Mozilla Firefox.
- Try logging in with online banking IDs directly instead of Mobile Key: username, password + key number pair of key number list.
Device / browser-specific instructions for setting cookies:
Enabling / disabling cookies in Google Chrome:
Enabling / disabling cookies in Samsung's own browser: