Thank you for registering as a Smartum lunch partner and welcome to our network!
We have listed a few tips and instructions on how to accept different payment instruments and settle payments.
• Put the enclosed Smartum stickers on your door and your cash desk.
• Place the cash mat and Smartum instructions on your cash desk.
• You can check your contact information in the Smartum venue search. If necessary, you can edit your information in our online service. We have sent the login details to you via email.
• Add the Smartum logo to your website. You can find the logo from here.
Smartum Lunch is a personal benefit offered to your customer, which means that they can only pay for their own meal with the Smartum. Please check the user’s identity if necessary. The customer cannot get cashback or receive change from payments made with the Smartum. No extra fees may be charged from the customer when paying with a Smartum. The customer can use Smartum to pay for a amount announced by the Tax Administration. Any amount exceeding the voucher value can be paid in cash or using another payment method. You can find more info about the yearly payment limits here.
According to the current instructions of the Finnish Tax Administration, a lunch benefit may be used exclusively for meals, and is not to be exchanged for money, groceries, alcohol or other commodities.
Accepting SmartumPay mobile payments
SmartumPay is a mobile payment application, which allows customers to pay for services effortlessly. The customer can use ”Quick payment” and choose the place of business where they want to make the payment. The customer will first enter the cost of their lunch and then verify the payment. They will show the receipt from their smartphone screen to the cashier, who will check the confirmation of the payment transaction. We recommend that you check the charged amount, the name of the office and the address from the receipt. You can see when your customer’s payment has been made from the top corner of the receipt. The animation in the receipt will move for 30 minutes after the payment is completed, however, the receipt will be valid also after the movement stops.
By clicking the receipt you will get to the review section, where the payment can be marked as checked. The status of the receipt and review section will change to ”Checked”. This ensures that only one service is redeemed with the receipt. The payment is registered into your cash register with the amount that is stated on the receipt.
If your customer’s payment made with the application is flawed, it can be canceled via Smartum online service.
When your customer pays for a service using mobile payment, you will receive the payments directly from Smartum. If you wish, Smartum settles online payments every business day. The minimum amount is €5, and a service fee will be deducted from the amount in accordance with the price list. You can modify the minimum settlement amount in the Smartum online service. Please go to your Smartum online service for a summary of the online payments made.
Accepting lunch vouchers
There are Smartum Lunch vouchers with different values in circulation and the value is written on the voucher. No extra fees may be charged for payment with Smartum Lunch vouchers. Lunch vouchers may not be exchanged for money and no change may be provided for them.
• Check that the voucher is intact and authentic, and that it has not been marked as used. You can identify an authentic voucher that is printed on watermarked paper by checking the consecutive serial number or by looking at the voucher against a light source, for example. Smartum will only pay for authentic vouchers.
• Also check that the voucher is valid; expired vouchers cannot be accepted as payment instruments.
• Mark accepted vouchers as used by crossing out the euro value in the upper left corner.
• Please leave the white area at the bottom unmarked.
Settlement of vouchers
• Smartum settles the vouchers twice a week, and the money is transferred to you immediately afterwards. We pay the value of the voucher, from which a service fee is deducted, to the bank account you have entered into the Smartum online service during registration. Note! Due to covid-19 the maximum settlement period is temporarily 21 working days.
• The default reference number our system uses for settlements is 2464. If you wish to provide us with a reference number or message of your own, please write it down on the settlement form in the space allocated to the reference number.
• Validity of the vouchers: The vouchers expire on the last day of the year. You have one month to deliver the vouchers to Smartum after their date of expiry. The vouchers must therefore arrive at our office no later than the 31st of January the following year if the vouchers expired on the last day of the previous year. Smartum does not pay for expired vouchers after the 31st of January.
• If you have any comments regarding settlements, you must make them within 14 weekdays of the date of payment.
Handling and mailing vouchers
• Separate the vouchers.
• Please do not staple, glue or tape the vouchers together. Do not place anything between the vouchers.
• Stack all the vouchers the same side facing up and bind them together with a rubber band, for example.
• The serial numbers on the vouchers must be visible
• Carefully fill in the correct information. Also make sure your customer number is on the form. The person who fills in the form is responsible for the accuracy of the information.
• If the form is preprinted, please do not write on the preprinted information. If there are any mistakes in the preprinted information, please contact our customer service, and we will send you an amended version.
• Tick the box at the bottom if you need more settlement forms.
• Send the top part along with the vouchers; the bottom part stays with you.
• Only use forms sent by Smartum or printed from our website.
• You should send only Smartum Lunch vouchers in one envelope.
• Pack the vouchers in a parcel that will not be damaged in the post and send them, along with a completed settlement form, to the address below. The vouchers can also be delivered directly to the Smartum office, to the very same address. Smartum Oy Yrjönkatu 11 B 00120 Helsinki.
• Please add sender information on the envelope. Smartum cannot be held liable for any deliveries lost by the postal service, nor will it claim deliveries sent without paying the postage. We recommend sending the vouchers via registered letter. Here is a phone number to add: 040 753 0096.
Next you might be interested in...